Putting together all the required professional services necessary to make your wedding day a big success is quite an undertaking, particularly if you’re unsure of what to look for when hiring the various specialists needed. Knowing and asking key questions prior to employing these experts will help determine if they are the right choice for you.
The Wedding Venue
Obviously, one key question regarding the wedding venue is if the facility is available on your specific date. Equally important, will it accommodate all of your invited guests? Additionally, if the particular location you’re considering cannot host both the ceremony and reception, you’ll have to ascertain if the other site required will be in close enough proximity. Other important factors to consider before settling on a wedding location are:
- Will there be other weddings taking place at this venue on the same day?
- Are in-house caterers available?
- If the facility provides in-house catering, are the menu items acceptable?
- Does the price of the facility fit within your budget?
Photography is a very important aspect of your wedding. The photographer will provide the visual memories of your wedding day for years to come. Therefore, careful selection in this area of professionalism is important. One critical question here is if they can provide you a portfolio containing examples of their recent work. Once you approve of the photographer’s capability, there are a series of questions to ask him.
- Will the photographs taken contain a copyright?
- If the photos taken are copyrighted, who will own the copyright?
- How many photos will be taken and how many will be received?
- Do you shoot traditionally posed photos in addition to informal candid shots?
- Is the quoted price film or digital photography?
- How many hours of event coverage does the fee incorporate?
- What length of time is involved before receiving the pictures?
Sometimes the reception facility you select may include an in-house caterer, whereas your options in regard to the menu items may be limited. However, when hiring an independent caterer, you may gain greater control in what you contract for.
- Are you able to mix and match the various menu items?
- Can the menu items be sampled?
- If the menu items can be sampled, do you have to pay for the sampling?
- Can the menu be altered to fit within your budget?
- Does the total catering fee include serving staff?
Another question to ask the caterer is if they can provide alcohol. If they are able to, you may want to consider having the caterer supply it if it’s more cost-effective than getting it elsewhere.
There are several alternatives when considering the type of entertainment you would like to provide for you and your guests. Two common options are a DJ or a live band. If you’re contemplating hiring either of these for entertainment, appropriate answers to a few questions should help you make a selection.
- Does the DJ or band have a versatile enough playlist for the entire occasion?
- If you hire a live band, will they have recorded music playing between sets?
- Can your potential candidate band make available to you a demo CD?
- Do you need to provide meals for the band members?
- In contrast to a DJ, will having live performers justify paying a higher price?
Receiving precise answers from the professionals of their particular specialty can help you decide if they are the right ones for you on your wedding day. Asking a few simple questions can save you a good deal of time and money in addition to avoiding any unpleasant surprises. Although you may require numerous other professional services, these are the primary ones you most likely will want to engage from the onset. Once the selection of the most suitable vendors is complete, success is well under way with the assurance that you will be in good hands on your wedding day.