When most people think of a location for a destination wedding, they think of going to Hawaii or one of the Caribbean islands. However, if you want a truly unique island destination, you should look into a Mauritius wedding. Mauritius, an African island off the coast of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean, offers a pristine beach backdrop for your wedding at a relatively reasonable price.
The island is home to a diverse blend of cultures. The national language is English, although French is also commonly spoken. The island has excellent weather nearly year round and is a perfect destination for brides, grooms and their wedding parties. It’s also one of the best kept travel secrets in the entire world.
Here are the top eight reasons to have your wedding in Mauritius:
- Island location – Mauritius is part of a small cluster of islands off the coast of Madagascar and just 2000 kilometers from South Africa. This means that you can combine your Mauritius holiday with an African safari or other tours on the mainland. South Africa, Kenya and Zambia are all within a short boat or plane ride from the island.
- Wedding locations – Mauritius weddings are as picturesque as can be. The white sand beaches and bright blue oceans are surrounded by mountain peaks covered in thick forest. With this beautiful terrain as your backdrop, your wedding photos will be amazing.
- Amazing resorts – Mauritius is home to dozens of world class resorts especially in the Grand Baie region. Grand Baie is the top resort destination on the island and has hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, night clubs, golf courses and many other tourist attractions.
- Affordability – A wedding in Mauritius can be a lot more affordable than weddings held in the United States, Canada or Europe. Many resorts offer deep discounts for wedding parties that cut costs even further.
- Terrific weather – Mauritius has tropical weather nearly year round. No matter what time of the year you decide to get married, you can have the wedding of your dreams.
- A multi-cultural experience – Mauritius is home to a wide variety of cultures which makes the island a unique place to visit. Creole, French, Indian, Chinese and European cultures are all represented in the food, music and cultural activities on Mauritius.
- Tourist attractions – Mauritius is the perfect place to spend your honeymoon after you get married. There are jet-skiing, golfing, private beaches, botanical gardens, nightclubs and casinos galore to choose from.
- Professional wedding planners – When you book your Mauritius wedding, you’ll have the advice of a professional wedding planner who will help you make the wedding of your dreams come true.
Whether you’ve heard of Mauritius before or the idea of having a wedding there is a new concept to you, you should look into a destination wedding on this unique island paradise. With all the multitude of attractions and cultural events to choose from, your wedding will truly be an event to remember.