A wedding is a very special day, not just for the bride and groom but for their families and friends. A bride wants to look her best on her wedding day. A Diamond Wedding Ring is the easiest and best way to look glamorous on your special day.
But planning a wedding can be hectic and stressful. Below are several easy steps that will make it a snap for you to pick the ideal diamond wedding ring at the right price.
1. The First step is to determine how much money you have to spend on the diamond wedding rings. The most expensive things on most weddings are the rings, flowers and the bridal gown. Set your budget and stick to it.
2. If you wear a diamond engagement ring, plan on choosing a diamond wedding ring that compliments it. The designs should agree. If the band of your engagement ring is curved or straight, choose a similar diamond wedding band. The diamond wedding ring should ‘fit’ well next to the engagement ring and look like the two were made for each other. (Just like you and your partner!)
3. The metal of the rings should look similar. If for example your engagement ring is a diamond on a yellow-gold band, it is best to buy a yellow-gold wedding band with diamonds set into it.
4. The shape of the wedding band will depend on the shape of the engagement so that the two rings sit close together on the finger without a big space in between them.
5. When it comes to width of the band, you may wonder what it shall be. Wide band or narrow band? This may largely be determined by your taste. However, it must always compliment your engagement ring. It must not be much wider than your engagement ring. Also the length of your fingers may determine the length of the ring. If you have short fingers, then a narrower wedding band may be best for you.
6. Why go plain when you can have diamonds or other gemstones on your wedding Band.
For the Groom
1. Just like the bride, set a budget and stick to it to avoid overspending unless of course money is no object.
2. The diamond wedding ring you choose should fit your work and social life. For instance do you use your hands a lot in your work? Do you deal with machinery, chemicals or other substances that may damage the ring?
3. What do you do for recreation and Leisure? Do you tend to do sports or anything else that makes it unsafe to wear your wedding ring?
4. Choose a ring that will withstand daily wear for a long time.
5. Also think about your personality. Are you a laid back kind of guy who doesn’t like to attract too much attention? Then the classic gold band maybe what you are looking for. Are you a bold and out going type of person? They do so many interesting designs for men’s wedding rings these days. Are you somewhere in between? Not wanting too much attention to your self but still wanting an interesting ring? You can find the right ring to suit your personality.
6. Also think about your culture or religious background as these may or may not have a bearing on what ring you choose.
7. A very important point is the comfort of the ring. The fitting should be just right. It should slip over the knuckles without too much effort but at the same time not be too loose that you risk losing it. Have a jeweller measure your finger to know your correct ring size. They also sell sing sizers that you can buy and do it yourself. Don’t worry if you end up with one that’s a little too wide, most jewellers can resize your ring for you after the wedding.
Very wide wedding bands are less comfortable to wear. The most common width for men is 6 or 7mm. for most people a ring with rounded edges is more comfortable than one with flat edges.
What about Bridesmaids, mother of the bride or mother of the groom and the rest of the bridal entourage? Do you want your bridesmaids to wear matching jewelry? Do you want to give them a little thank you for all their support? Diamonds make lovely gifts, you can’t go wrong.