Because your ceremony space is where some of the most touching moments and wedding day magic occurs, we believe it deserves some extra special attention! After all, your wedding ceremony will set the tone for the rest of the big day. It’s the chance to wow your guests with personal touches and give a hint at what’s to follow at the reception. With flowers, fabrics, backdrops and seating set-ups you can get super creative with your outdoor wedding ceremony styling and create a truly special space to remember. Here are just some of our favourite beautifully styled outdoor wedding ceremonies to inspire your very own big day.
1. We adore this ceremony set up from Caroline & Max’s chic wedding which features lush floral arrangements by The Informal Florist on wooden plinths to frame the ceremony space. The arrangements were then used on the reception tables, a great money saving idea!
2. Instead of the expected straight rows, why not switch up your ceremony seating plan? We love this beautifully styled version by Laurie Arons and Sarah Winward which is perfect if you are planning a ceremony with an arbour or chuppah.
3. This luxurious rustic outdoor ceremony set up is perfect for an intimate wedding and is a great way to get maximum use from rental furniture or the pieces in your venue.
4. An outdoor wedding ceremony doesn’t have to all about green landscapes or epic views for miles. You can create a drop-dead-gorgeous design in an urban setting too just like this neon and blush backdrop designed by Oh! It’s Perfect, Floral State, M Events and Hire & Neon Garden Event Hire.
5. This ceremony set up stopped us right in our tracks! Custom-built beams by the planning team, along with the help of a local carpenter and floral designer Mindy Rice, fulfilled the couple’s vision of an open-air church.
10. This circular arbor with pampas grass on top and greenery below by Creative Edge Flowers and Megan Sawchuk Weddings, with river rock on either side framing the Rocky Mountain River is pretty incredible! We love how the dark wooden chairs blend seamlessly with the backdrop too.
11. A super fun rainbow fringe ceremony backdrop with disco balls and florals by Lovestruck Blooms, we just had to share!
12. We are obsessing over this Secret Garden style wedding ceremony set up by Ginny Au, Type A Society and florals by Nature Composed. Achieve your own similar look with gauze-covered chairs and an aisle lined with potted plants.
13. A charming old building is heightened with greenery accents, a floral wreath and simple wooden benches draped with neutral linens.
14. This deconstructed ceremony arch is pretty epic paired with those gold-toned curved chair backs.
16. Isn’t this waterside ceremony backdrop positively dreamy!? Dusky florals and breezy linen really sets the tone for a romantic ceremony. This gorgeous setup was styled by Lily & Grayson Weddings.
17. Give all your guests the best seat in the room with a unique chair layout like this one. We especially love how this couple chose translucent ghost chairs so as to not detract from such a spectacular view.
19. Lovelyfest designed this epic outdoor chapel with an old door frame and church benches. Isn’t it gorgeous?!
21. Lush foliage + pampas grass + neon signage = boho ceremony perfection by Paloma Cruz Eventos!
23. When velvet poufs, a floral arch and an outdoor ceremony setting collide, magic happens.
24. Mis-match chairs and a living wall ceremony backdrop combine to bring the outdoors in and create a modern garden vibe.
25. This simple gold geometric backdrop is a fresh and unexpected outdoor ceremony setup.
26. A simple wooden frame made from branches and adorned with roses and ruscus. We love the rustic simplicity meets elegance vibe that complements the mountain views in the background perfectly.
27. A pretty pagoda makes the perfect spot for a garden ceremony. Adorn it with bright florals to finish!
For more wedding ceremony styling ideas check out: