For caterers of corporate meetings, it is extremely likely that the success of the initial catered event will lead to repeat business from this company, whether it is a doctor’s office, lawyer’s office, or corporate headquarters. In order to make the best initial impression when catering a corporate meeting or a business event, there are several guidelines that should be followed in, ensuring that the guests enjoy the food and beverages that are catered.
- Plan for the Space Available – Many times, the break room or office area is quite small in an office building or doctor’s office. When catering for an event in a constrained area, make sure to coordinate with the office manager ahead of time so logistical issues, such as where to prep, where to wash, and how to present the food, can be determined well in advance of the event date.
- Gather Info on the Guests – Every catering event for a business will involve individuals from different ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds. It is important to research the various attendees that are expected at the catering event in order to plan a menu that is suitable for everyone. It would bode poorly for the chances of repeat catering business if only half of an event’s guests were able to eat because the food was not appropriate for them.
- Diversify the Menu – Unless the corporate meeting specifically calls for certain menu offerings, try to vary the menu by adding some items that offer nutritional value. This could include vegetarian dishes, low sodium foods, low carb items, or menu choices that are rich in fiber, protein, or other vitamins and minerals. When the catered food for a corporate event is delicious and nutritious, repeat business is very likely.
- Coach the Catering Staff – Be sure the employees sent to cater the business meeting or corporate event are properly trained and prepared before they arrive. Knowledge of the catered food, including ingredients and preparation process, is mandatory. Proper dress and grooming are also recommended, as well as some basic food service training.
- Decorate Appropriately – Proper presentation of the food is just as important as the quality of the food. Incorporate the business type or event theme for the corporate catering event into the presentation of the food. By carefully selecting elements of the business or event theme to include as props for the catering spread, the event will be more immersive, providing a personal connection to the business catering event for the guests.
These tips can help turn a routine office meeting catering event into a series of repeat visits that will not only become a steady source of income, but also create a multitude of brand advocates from all the guests impressed by the catering company.